Occupational Therapy is concerned with the activities that “occupy” your time. Whether you are recovering from an injury or accident, orthopedic problems, developmental disabilities, illness, or neurological problems, our goal is to help you live life to its fullest. Our occupational therapists work with patients in the therapy department at the hospital, in the home setting, and in area schools. People of all ages and situations participate in occupational therapy.
Depending on your unique needs, our therapists can focus on activities associated with each of the following:
- Self Care: Routine personal care activities such as bathing or showering, getting dressed, eating, sleeping, and brushing your teeth.
- Work: Things you do outside of self-care, such as your occupation or household chores, that require the exertion of effort.
- Leisure: Hobbies and activities you enjoy doing in your spare time.
When an injury, illness, or other issue impedes your ability to take care of yourself, to work, or to enjoy leisure activities, your quality of life can be affected. Occupational Therapy aims to help you regain skills needed for these activities, to function to the best degree possible, and to adapt to surroundings.
Occupational Therapists at Harrison County Community Hospital can:
- recommend home renovations, modifications, or devices to ensure safety and ease of function.
- customize medical equipment to meet individual needs.
- alter tools and work stations to improve safety and efficiency.
- modify recreational activities to allow participation.
- teach new skills or relearn old skills.
- improve reasoning skills to approach problems logically, use leisure time constructively, and understand rules and standards.
- improve communication and assertiveness skills.
- develop muscle strength.
- develop range of motion.
- develop fine motor skills.
- address eye-hand coordination.
- promote behavioral changes.
- manage chronic pain
- restore or improve physical abilities.
Monday–Friday, 7:30 am– 5:00 pm
HCCH Therapy Services
2703 Miller Street
Bethany, MO 64424
Phone: (660) 425-0236
Fax: (660) 425-7919
Medical Records Fax: (660) 425-7113